OESS Regional Student Well-Being Lead
LOCATION: Moose Factory
POSTED: Monday October 23, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Under the direction of the OE Director of Education, the OESS Regional Student Well-Being Lead will confer with the Omushkego Education Student Success (OESS) team to plan, develop and complete the activities outlined in the Student Success work plan. The OESS Regional Student Well-Being Lead is responsible for the success of the OESS Student Well-Being component through providing initiatives to support the OESS school administration and staff to increase student attendance, graduation rates, and encourage the value of education.
- Relevant education in related Social Sciences field such as child or youth services
- Experience working with students at risk and evidence that indicates you have assisted them with positive life choices;
- Proven experience with the protocols and operations of elementary and secondary schools;
- Proven experience in organizing and facilitating forums and workshops;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Familiarity with the Mushkegowuk communities of Moose Factory, Fort Albany, Kashechewan, and Attawapiskat.
- Ability to travel to Mushkegowuk communities and schools.
- Strong leadership, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and computer skills.
- Fluency in Cree an asset.
- Valid Class "G" Driver's License;
- Current satisfactory CPIC and Vulnerable Persons Screening
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Matched Pension Contributions
- Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and emails, quoting Competition# 2023-043 no later than 4:00 PM on Invalid date to:
- Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 705-658-2293
- Mushkegowuk Council is dedicated to providing quality equitable and accessible support and advisory services to respond to and meet the social, economic, cultural, educational, spiritual, and political needs of first nations, thereby improving the quality of life of our people.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.