Regional Crisis Intervention Youth Worker
LOCATION: Moose Factory
POSTED: Monday October 23, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
The Regional Crisis Intervention Youth Worker (RCIYW) shall work under the supervision of the Regional Mental Wellness Coordinator and shall be responsible to assist in the delivery of crisis management for children, youth and adults experiencing a mental health crisis. Working as part of the Regional Mental Wellness Crisis Team, the RCIYW shall be expected to provide intervention, referrals to appropriate services, provide support to families, friends and community service providers through education, outreach, and consultation. The RCIYW will be required to have general knowledge of the culture and traditions of the region, be familiar with the sensitive to the issues affecting mental wellness, able to communicate with the local and external professional resources as well as having advocacy skills. This position also required case management, debriefing, as weIl as assisting communities to develop and implement coordination of initiatives between local service.
- Post secondary education in Health or Social Sciences or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience preferred. with the intent to become registered
- Current CPR/AED Training and willingness to recertify.
- ASSIST. IFOT. Trauma Informed Care Training. Non-Crisis Intervention Training. Mental Health First Aid Training and/or willingness to obtain within a year of employment
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking during crisis situations
- Experience working with Mushkegowuk communities
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to provide presentations and group workshops
- High level interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide one-to-one and group support to clients and families
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and familiar with PHIPA and other applicable legislation
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Matched Pension Contributions
- Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and emails, quoting Competition# 2023-026 no later than 4:00 PM on Invalid date to:
- Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 705-658-2293
- Mushkegowuk Council is dedicated to providing quality equitable and accessible support and advisory services to respond to and meet the social, economic, cultural, educational, spiritual, and political needs of first nations, thereby improving the quality of life of our people.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.