Impact Assessment Community Advisor
DEPARTMENT: Lands And Resources
TERM: Part-time to March 31, 2024
POSTED: Monday November 06, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Monday November 20, 2023
Working with and reporting to the Impact Assessment Coordinator, they will undertake activities associated with building community capacity to participate in impact assessment processes. The goal of this project is to build the community’s ability to participate proactively in impact assessments, including engagement with proponents and governments. The Impact Assessment Community Advisor will support community understanding of Canada’s impact assessment process and help maintain and support Omushkego values in the Impact Assessment Act document.
- Post-secondary education in area of interest or equivalent of work experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated experience on projects of a similar nature
- Knowledge of Mushkegowuk history, traditional lands and communities
- Proven ability to set priorities, complete work and meet deadlines
- Proven exceptional ability to work collaboratively with others
- Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Willing to Travel
- Driver’s license required
- Able to speak Cree is a considerable asset
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Matched Pension Contributions
- Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and emails, quoting Competition# 2023-033 no later than 4:00 PM on Monday November 20, 2023 to:
- Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 705-658-2293
- Mushkegowuk Council is dedicated to providing quality equitable and accessible support and advisory services to respond to and meet the social, economic, cultural, educational, spiritual, and political needs of first nations, thereby improving the quality of life of our people.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.