LOCATION: Timmins or Moose Factory
POSTED: Monday November 06, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Monday November 20, 2023
Under the supervision of the Health Director, the Patient Navigator will help guide patients through the healthcare system and works to overcome obstacles that are in the way of the patient receiving the care and treatment they require in the Mushkegowuk region. The primary role of the patient navigator is to foster patient empowerment, and to provide patients with information that enhances their ability to make appropriate health care choices and to receive medical care with an enhanced sense of confidence about risks, benefits and responsibilities.
Bachelor of Nursing (minimum 3-year Diploma in Nursing) or Bachelor of Social Work, with equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2 -5 years of experience in the health industry or acute setting
- 2-5 years patient care experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of FNIHB/NIHB programs and services
- Understanding of Cree culture and practices in Mushkegowuk Region
- Ability to use and understand Electronic Medical Records System (PS Suites)
- Requires strong problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Capability to maintain and respect confidentiality and Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) guidelines
- Responsive to social situations and immediate needs of clients and families
- License in good standing with College of Nurses/College of Social Workers
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset
- Requires a class G driver’s license
- Must be able to travel frequently
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Matched Pension Contributions
- Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and emails, quoting Competition# 2023-059 no later than 4:00 PM on Monday November 20, 2023 to:
- Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-2293
- Mushkegowuk Council is dedicated to providing quality equitable and accessible support and advisory services to respond to and meet the social, economic, cultural, educational, spiritual, and political needs of first nations, thereby improving the quality of life of our people.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.