Program Assistant – Six Seasons Youth Program
DEPARTMENT: Nation Rebuilding Initiative
POSTED: Monday November 06, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Monday November 20, 2023
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Assistant is responsible for shall be responsible for administrative, secretarial and clerical support services for the Nation Rebuilding Initiative and Six Seasons Youth Program. The incumbent will work closely with all members of the Nation Rebuilding Initiative and Six Seasons Youth Program to ensure effective and efficient operations. The Program Assistant will primarily be supporting the Program Manager with any administrative or staffing tasks. The incumbent will also be responsible for assisting with budget maintenance, travel arrangements, inventory requirements, and all other required and related clerical tasks. The Program Assistant will assist with the delivery of the Choose life program to Urban Indigenous Youth.
- Post Secondary diploma in Office Administration and/or a minimum of two (2) years in the Administration field
- Knowledge of the Cree language is an asset as well as knowledge of and a capacity to promote Omushkegowuk culture and traditions.
- Must be self-motivated and possess an ability to work efficiently.
- Able to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Must be willing and able to travel when required
- Ability to communicate in the Cree language will be considered an asset
- CPIC with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Valid Ontario G Class Driver’s license.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Matched Pension Contributions
- Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and emails, quoting Competition# 2023-057 no later than 4:00 PM on Monday November 20, 2023 to:
- Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-2293
- Mushkegowuk Council is dedicated to providing quality equitable and accessible support and advisory services to respond to and meet the social, economic, cultural, educational, spiritual, and political needs of first nations, thereby improving the quality of life of our people.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.