Human Trafficking - Community Training
October 12 & 13, 2022 10am to 4pm at the Youth Centre
Facilitator: Bridget Perrier HT Survivor and a co-founder/First Nation Educator, Sextrade101
October 12th - Module One Training
- Learning what sex trafficking is
- Understanding the local context of sex trade
- Identifying the signs and indicators of sex trafficking
- Familiarisation with the referral pathway for potential sex trafficking victims
October 13th - Module Two Training
- Understanding trauma & the impact on individuals
- Understanding the impacts of sex trafficking on victims
- Understanding the barriers for sex trafficking victims in seeking help
- Responding to potential sex trafficking victims from a trauma informed practice
Human Trafficking Youth Awareness Workshop "Cause & Effect Exploitation"
October 14th 10am to 2pm at the RSLP Community Hall ages 16 and up
- Have you heard about Human Trafficking?
- Do you know it's happening right here in Ontario and Canada?
- Did you know that 66% of Human Trafficking in Canada happen in Ontario?
- Do you know that children, youth, and indigenous people are most vulnerable?
Community Resilience & Needs "Our People Are Not Commodities"
October 15th 12:30pm to 6:00pm at the RLSP Gymnasium
There will be presentations with Nishnawbe-Aski Police Services, Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Service, Red Cross & Bridget Perrier - Sex Trafficking Survivor