DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
LOCATION: Timmins or Moose Factory
POSTED: Wednesday January 24, 2024
CLOSING DATE: Monday February 05, 2024
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist will play a key role in engaging and supporting managers and employees with a wide range of HR initiatives, operational processes/procedures, specifically employee relations and Health & Safety. The candidate must possess excellent communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, and time-management skills. The chosen candidate will serve as a first point of contact for the Human Resource Department and work with the policies and procedures established by the Mushkegowuk Council.
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources, plus three (3) years of work-related experience in employee relations, Health & Safety, and recruitment.
- CHRP designation an asset or working towards.
- Practical experience applying Canada Labour Code, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, and Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Practical experience on Health & Safety Committee.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution practices.
- Knowledge of WSIB and HR best practices.
- Practical experience of Human Resource Management System (HRMS) software.
- Exercise discretion, judgement, and high degree of confidentiality in handling information.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative, self-direction and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and iCloud applications or willing to learn.
- G Driver’s License
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Matched Pension Contributions
- Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and emails, quoting Competition# 2024-002 no later than 4:00 PM on Monday February 05, 2024 to:
- Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-2293
- Mushkegowuk Council is dedicated to providing quality equitable and accessible support and advisory services to respond to and meet the social, economic, cultural, educational, spiritual, and political needs of first nations, thereby improving the quality of life of our people.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.