Regional Crisis Intervention Trainer
LOCATION: Timmins or Moose Factory
POSTED: Wednesday January 24, 2024
CLOSING DATE: Monday February 05, 2024
Under the supervision of the Health and Wellness Manager, the regional Crisis Intervention Trainer will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of training, workshops, presentations, and support the Mental Wellness team. This position will develop the mental wellness team’s skills and knowledge enabling them to provide services to individuals, families and communities experiencing incident related trauma. This position also requires case management, debriefing, as well as assisting communities to develop and implement coordination of initiatives between local services. The Regional Crisis Intervention Trainer will be a vital link between the Mental Wellness Team, Mushkegowuk communities and other internal/external service providers.
- Post-secondary education in Health or Social Sciences or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Experience working with Mushkegowuk communities
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Direct experience in assessing, creating and delivering training needs
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, familiar with PHIPA (Personal Health Information Protection Act) and other applicable legislation
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to speak Cree is considered an asset
- CPIC with the vulnerable sector required.
- Ontario Class “G” driver’s license is an asset
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Matched Pension Contributions
- Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and emails, quoting Competition# 2024-007 no later than 4:00 PM on Monday February 05, 2024 to:
- Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-2293
- Mushkegowuk Council is dedicated to providing quality equitable and accessible support and advisory services to respond to and meet the social, economic, cultural, educational, spiritual, and political needs of first nations, thereby improving the quality of life of our people.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.